Sunday, October 26, 2008

It Went a Little Something Like This

Last Thursday night we drove to Peekskill to see the Fall foliage and get our stroll on. Peekskill is the location of Eastland Academy, the ficticious girls' school from The Facts of Life. That's about all it has going for it - and there isn't even a special museum or a memorial to Tooty's rollerskates.

Anyway, by the time we got to our hotel, The Peekskill Inn, it was around 11pm and even colder than fuck. Luckily, we had brought our own hooch or I might have died of frosbite trying to find a bar.

The next day, we got up and drove around till we found a nice riverside walkway along which to stroll. We sat on a bench overlooking the majestic Hudson River. "Try not to look at the giant nuclear silo just across the way," said The Boyfriend, "and igore the Con Ed truck parked 10 feet to your left because I have something to tell you."

"Ooh, ok." I said. Hoping The Boyfriend was finally going to reveal that he secretly thinks Star Trek: TNG is cool!

"Last week, when I said I was helping D pick up his new kitchen table, I lied. I was actually looking at wedding rings."

Then The Boyfriend got down on one knee and asked me if I would marry him!

(I said yes, obviously. Hel-lo.)

A little while later, we made some calls to let people know the awesome news. I called my mother. Here's how that went:

The Bird: Mum! Guess what, I'm engaged!
The Mother: To who?

We're off to a fantastic start!

No comments: